For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Friday 3 July 2015

Second Chance...

Your hand reached across the room, cutting through the air like a soft ribbon. I waited to see if anyone was near before I sat up and leant closer. Your fingers were shaking as the cool night air caressed them, trying to guide you away from me. Each second my hand inched closer to yours until I steadied your tremors with my own, making you warm again. Our fingertips coming together slowly, the pressure of touch was comforting in the dark and lonely quarters. You were soft but I could feel the groves in your hand, a map of your life. I walked your journey with my fingertips but I couldn’t tell where it ended, how you came to be here. Although, I didn’t know that of myself, it doesn’t bare thinking about. Holding your hand, not being able to see your face or your body, I thought at least there is one person left who still has something inside.

I woke up wondering if it was a dream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment