For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Only him...

I recognise my life from a distance,
the picture fades in and out.

I run out into the sunshine, stand above the hill facing the ocean.
My days were empty, but now they are full.
I always write more when I'm still.
On my own,
alone.

My journal is mostly about him,
and in the darkness,
when I'm cut from love,
I make the rain fall straight as a blade.
It always makes me feel better, its heart beating against the window pane

Though what if I fall again and can't get up.
My old, gold soul
the loudest silence of all-
is that one that happens,
that no one can see,
when I wonder in the night if anyone will wait for me.
Because with only a baby step at a time,
it will take such a long while
for me to walk this mile.

http://www.rainymood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment