For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Thursday 24 September 2015

Clarity...

Pale fire wakes up the day,
peeking over the horizon.
I can see the world passing them by.

I live so many lifetimes in a single moment.
In the day the light shines on me,
but in the night nothing can distract from my pain.
All cut up from my past,
that red gold spilling out of me,
but with that I can see myself from the inside,
and I know I'm good.

From an angle life has a cinematic quality,
there's nothing in the way
and when things don't feel real you can live without fear.

I know there's a time coming up,
that's just for me.
There's a break in the day that will give me such joy.
When the sky tares open
and I'm on that swing in my favourite park,
reaching the highest point I close my eyes,
then imagine flying off to the stars.

With gold in my heart
I look the same as I always have.
And although there's a million ways to look at the world,
laying naked under a waterfall in the evening,
looking at the stars,
is the best by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment