For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Saturday 2 January 2016

I'm with you.

Though thinking, sometimes you don't know when the light will return.
It might just keep getting darker.

There's this illusion and maybe it's hard not to fall,
but I know my steps are heavy because my heart is full.
And all this waiting for the day to change makes it difficult to breathe.

I'm on this plane again in a month,
to that side of the world I can't stop going back to.
So many places feel like home.
All the moving, and the seeing, and the living has made me so restless.
Enough to know a conventional life is not my path.

What's a car,
a house,
a stash.
All I need is my paper, books, a river and a dream.

Though I can't fault the way,
my parents raised me.
All those countries, still making sure we went to church every week.
And I still do,
hold her hand
to make sure she feels like all this makes a difference.
And it does in small ways.
How quite we are,
a time to think,
to rest.

For me.
To know.
I've made mistakes in the past,
that I'm not perfect, but try every day to be better.

To see us trapped,
it breaks my heart.
All actors on a stage dancing to a broken song.
So everyday I fight it,
be spontaneous,
no plan B because I don't even have a plan A.

Everyday is an open window,
and I'm a bird.
Just a bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment