For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Monday 7 March 2016

Distance...

Be not a kiss, a gaze, a breath.
Be not the words whispered in my ear as we dance on the edge.
If only a hand to hold when I feel so alone,
don't plan a future in the distance, a promise so hollow.
Compared to a raindrop against my skin, that soaks right in,
be the kiss that lingers on my neck when I whisper for you to come in.
A hometown history of two so in love,
travel through the sky with me, don't look down, just above.

We stroll on the path, hand in hand.
The journey up and down, though you stand,
steadfast as a tin soldier, from the fairytale I read as a child.
Up for all adventures, your spirit like mine, so wild.

Stand still while we breathe.
So you can feel the day.
To forget life for a moment and exist only in your gaze,
is an ocean I dive into when I feel so alone.
Though now it's only a memory slowly fading,
of what we were when we called each other home.

No comments:

Post a Comment