For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Sunday 6 March 2016

Two Seconds, Stand Still...

It's a foreign land we set foot on,
the Earth's crust, a soft welcoming home.
Blinded by the forests' beauty,
weighed down by love alone.

Cast your eyes to the stars,
the night makes a home for your sight.
If feathers, could compare,
to the wonder in our eyes,
our flight wouldn't be so unsteady,
our path instead light.

Thoughts of the past, blur the days rays.
Making shadows create a home, in unwanted space.
What wonders have we seen?
So much we don't know.
Floating in the breeze,
two steps forward, back?
No one knows.

If light could keep me still,
I would have no need for flight.

The stars touch my eyes,
I can see the sky,
ahead, above, of worlds yet unknown.
So I pack my bag, heart still racing
to find a place to call my own.
 ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment