For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Saturday 26 November 2016

Infatuations...

They drown in thoughts deeper than the surface,
as they paddle in circles never closer to the shore.
The beating of so many hearts fade, an unfulfilled tone of inadequacy echoes.
Filling tomorrow with similar monotonous action.
In a mirror of continued madness.

Toward a sky they cannot hold,
in place of a life that fits the mould.

I stare from the other side,
climbing a tree to get a better line.
As I reach on, my heartbeat quickens.
Lips a deep red, as though dipped in sacrifice.

To take another step forward,
is a risk to fall.
Adrenalised warmth rushing under my skin.
Another breath, thin of air as I look within.

Toward a light no one else can see,
in search of a meaning greater than me.

I take a look at the sky above,
awaiting the stars return.
To a world that doesn't notice.
Why would they shine tonight?


No comments:

Post a Comment